Every once in a while I treated myself with a cup of coffee and an ‘American raspberry chocolate chip cookie’ when I still was in school and had to travel by train. And I loved that combo, raspberry and chocolate. Raspberry stouts are one of my favorites, too bad that there aren’t much good raspberry stouts. But I like my raspberry lambic as well, paired with some chocolate…
So, I thought; 1 + 1 = ‘raspberry lambic chocolate chip cookies‘. Right?!
• 140 grams / soft butter
• 110 grams / sugar
• 100 grams / light brown sugar
• 1 tsp / vanilla extract
• 1/4 tsp / salt
• 1 / egg
• 210 grams / flower
• 3/4 tsp / baking soda
• 200 grams / pure chocolate
But that wouldn’t make it a ‘raspberry lambic chocolate chip cookie‘ would it?
• 200 grams / frozen raspberries
• to your liking / raspberry lambic
1. pre-heat your oven / 175°C note; the dough need to rest
2. blend until creamy / butter, sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
3. add the egg and blend again
4. this is the point where you add the raspberry lambic / note; don’t overdo it! You can always add more later
5. add the flower and baking soda and start kneading the dough
6. if you think the dough can handle a bit more of lambic…
7. mix the chocolate and raspberries and distribute evenly
8. let the dough rest for a while so it can harden a bit (± 1 hour)
9. roll some dough balls to your liking and push them a bit flat on a baking plate with some baking paper
10. bake for 12 ~ 17 min golden-brown until ready
This was a small and fun experiment but I have some adjustments for the next time;
– dried instead of frozen raspberries
– roll the dough in some foil, Ø 4cm, and put in the fridge
– cut slices of 2cm thick
Let me know if you tried the recipe and how it turned out! Or tag me on Instagram with your end result!
And they make a great pairing as well.